ServiceNow Fundamentals is designed for users with various organizational roles who are expected to work within the NOW Platform®. During this three-day interactive training course, attendees will learn about the NOW Platform® User Interface, gain a basic knowledge of the database schema, understand uses for commonly accessed applications, and be introduced to advanced features and functionality, such as scripting and application development.
Specifically, attendees will learn about:
- Application navigation and user interfaces like lists and forms
- The importance of branding, as well as how to apply it to the platform
- Users, groups, and rules
- Task management using assignment rules, presence, and work notes
- Notification and chat
- Running basic reports, as well as the benefits of metrics and dashboards
- The database structure: tables, records, and fields
- Protecting ServiceNow instance data using Access Control center
- Populating the database using important sets
- The structure of a configuration management database (CMDB) and associated configuration items
- Two key ServiceNow self-service applications: Knowledge Base and Service Catalog
- Using Flows and Workflows for process automation
- Various script types used throughout the platform
- Capturing and moving configurations between instances, using update sets
- Some of the major tools and features related to application development
The class features lecture and group discussions, as well as extensive hands-on practice delivered in a wide variety of labs complete with user stories. For more information, see the full course outline.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for all users; those experienced with ServiceNow or brand new to the platform and looking to learn about the fundamental platform features.
How To Attend
To view all available courses click here to view the Course Schedule.
To register for class:
- Customers can use the follow link to access the Learning Portal http://servicenow.sabacloud.com/
- Customers with OKTA/SSO login can access the Learning Portal directly to Self Register
- Customers with no account can easily create an account
- Cancellation and rescheduling policies apply (see Terms and Conditions)
Onsite training is available, with a minimum of 5 students, through ServiceNow. The pricing is not per student but a flat fee for up to 16 participants. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information and pricing details. Onsite training may also be available through ServiceNow’s Authorized Training Partners.
NOTE: Interested individuals or organizations that are NOT currently working with ServiceNow are welcome to attend the course. Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with contact info (name, company, phone, email) and the course(s)/date(s). A ServiceNow training coordinator will respond within 24-48 hrs to request credit card information and confirm course registration.
Following this course, ServiceNow recommends that attendees have at least two to three months of hands-on experience with ServiceNow before attempting the Certification Exam.
Further details regarding this exam, including an exam blueprint, can be found on the Certified System Administrator page. Successful candidates will be awarded a “ServiceNow Certified System Administrator” certificate.
Wed, October 23nd - Fri, October 25th (9am – 5pm) (includes 1 hour lunch break)
*This workshop requires attendees to provide their own laptop
Tues, October 22, 2019, 9:00 AM - Thurs, October 24, 2019, 5:00 PM
ENS-Inc. Rancho Cordova, CA
Enterprise Networking Solutions, Inc.
2860 Gold Tailings Court
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670